I had a wedding down in I.F. and the reception was at the Hilton Palisades Ballroom. It had an amazing view of the temple so I had to get some pics. The sky was so pretty.
Jake and I have been married for 9 years. We have 2 kids: Devyn is 8 and Kelton is 5. I love being a photographer and we also do wedding decorating and catering on the weekends. We have a crazy busy life but love every moment of it and just take it one day at a time. We are so blessed to have our little family.
So I'm getting the hang of this blogging thang!! It's definitely a work in progress and I'm also trying to get one up and running for my photography. I've been checkin out lots of other blogs and adding/following them so hope thats ok if you're one of them...(not randomly though. i do know you-lol) Thanks for visiting and please feel free to add me and come back soon!!
Funny And Inspiring Things My Kids Say:
Kelton saw the corn maze as we were driving by and said, "Mom, what's that?" so I had to explain to him what it was and why people go there. He said, "Are we gonna go there for your birthday?" and I said, "Well we can go anytime." Then he said, "No, we have to go on your birthday so if we get lost, you can make a wish and get us out." ******************************* I was putting them to bed and they were whispering and giggling and not going to sleep- like usual. I usually have to remind them a few times to be quiet and close their eyes. On this particular night, I was not in the mood and did not have the patience to deal with it so I said firmly "no talking tonight, just go to sleep." After I walk out of the room I hear giggles and more whispering. I yell from the front room a warning of "you guys... I'm not telling you again..." after a moment there was more whispering and giggling so with a threatening tone I said, "Hey!! I hear voices!!" to which Devyn intently replies back, "You know they have pills for that."
*******************************
After a long day of time outs and unvolunteered cleaning, my kids had enough of me and my demanding ways. After the glares and pouts and stomping around, I decided that it was time to give them a break. They were so excited that the torture was finally over and they headed outside for some much needed playtime. I stopped Devyn at the door and said, "Honey can you take this back to your room?" Well you can imagine the death look I received and as she stomped down the hall, and slammed her door, I hear, "Your meaner than a stepmom!!"
*******************************
I was getting out of the shower and there wasn't a towel hanging up for me. Being the scrappy mom that I am, I grabbed the hand towel to "pat dry" so I could go get a bath towel. Kelton walks in for what I can only assume is a very important necessity and says, "Mom you need to lose some weight cuz that towel don't fit you no more." *******************************
This one is a few years ago when Kelton was potty training but as all moms know, we have to remind our little boys to put the seat down, wash your hands- with soap and wipe good. Well I heard him go in the bathroom and by this time, he is so excited that he can do it all by himself. He comes out and I said, "Did you wash your hands?" To which he replied, "Yes." I then said, "With soap?" he said, "Yes." I smiled and thought: What a good boy.....then I realized I hadn't heard the toilet flush. So I asked, "Kelt, did you flush the potty?" to which he paused and gave me "the look" and said, "Um... Yea." I said, "I didn't hear it." As I walk into the bathroom he comes running after me yelling, "Don't look!" I said, "Kelt, flush the potty." After moans and sad disappointed looks, he said "Fine" and as I'm walking out I hear a sad voice, "Bye poops, mommy says I have to flush you."
*******************************
We had to pick everything out of our garden because it was going to freeze so we had a pluthera of veggies and I was running out of room to put things after I washed them and Devyn comes in and said, "Sheesh, we're a produce aisle!"
2008 Stephanie Meyer Saga Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn 2009 James Patterson Novels (My Favorite)Cross, Double Cross, Mary Mary, When the Wind Blows, Four Blind Mice, Honeymoon, Cross Country and I, Alex Cross is in progress
No comments:
Post a Comment